When you record at The OC Recording Company you are getting the best recording quality possible. We have all the microphones, preamps, rooms and instruments available to record solo artists to full bands and larger projects. We are also available to record remotely using source connect pro or skype!
For voice over work we typically setup a Sennheiser MKH 416 and Sennheiser Lav. For instrument we have a wide range of ribbon, dynamic and condenser mics plus an assortment of solid state, tube and vintage pre amps. We can record 50 channles simulataneously at 96khz sample rates.
Our typical recording chain for music vocals is the Sony C-800G or Neumann U87ai -> Neve 1073 -> Tube Tech CL1B or Avalon 737- > SSL Sigma ->Lynx Hilo -> Pro Tools Ultimate. Here are a list of major recording artists who have documented using the same signal path:
- Justin Beiber: Company Music Video
- Drake: Sound on Sound Article
- R Kelly: YouTube Video
- Cool & Dre / Christina Milan / Remy Martin: Sound on Sound Article
- Mariah Carey: YouTube Video
- Lil Wayne: YouTube Video
- Kanye West: KanyeToThe Article
- Dr. Dre / 50 Cent: Avalon News Article
- Eminem: Sound on Sound Article
Check out 2016 Now Hip Hop Producer of the Year Asaf Fulks OC Express Album for current examples of our sound recordings!
Mixing is an artform that is all about balance, detail and creativity. The OC Recording Company is an SSL equipped studio that provides the highest mixing quality in the world! We feature industry leading mixing engineer Asaf Fulks, a state of the art acoustic mixing facility and all the best analog/digital equipment. Our proprietary time tested mixing techniques will bring your song to life and make sure that it reaches the mastering process in top form. We have mixed records for platinum and Grammy winning artists, major motion pictures, television, radio major sports teams and more.
Reasons to choose OC Recording for your mixing project:
- Pro Tools Ultimate 2020 - 384 Track DAW System
- Proprietary OC Mixing Techniques
- World Renowned Mixing Engineer Asaf Fulks
- Acoustically Transparent Mix Room
- Top Quality Outboard Gear and Digital Plug Ins
- Run recordings through real Neve, Tube Tech, SSL API, Avalon, etc.
- High End AD/DA and Monitoring System
- Top Quality Analog Summing Amplifier
- Volume Level Balance, Spatial Balancing, Automation
- Tuning, Pitch Correction, Audio Quantization
- Alignment, Splicing, Fades, Cross Fades
- Stutter FX, Chop and Skrew, Antares Auto Tune, Melodyne
- Frequency and Phase Analysis, Equalization
- Sound Replacement, Looping, Sound Effects
- Compression, Limiting, Gating, Distortion
- De-Breath, De-essing, Audio Restoration
- Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flange, Special FX
- Clients Are Welcome During The Session
- Clean and Dirty Edits, Stems, Show Mix
- Internet Transfer Available
- Top Music Industry Audio Engineers
- Best Sound Quality and Great Rates
Our studios are accoustically flat. All frequency dips and peaks are within a 10 db range.
Mastering is the final step in the recording process. This is where mixes are enhanced and made ready for CD, Radio and Television. Top notch mastering is important in order for your song to be at a competitive loudness, fullness and tone compared with other professional tracks. Mastering also involves sequencing the songs on a CD and adding CD-Text. The OC Recording Company provides the best mastering quality possible. We feature Asaf Fulks - one of the top mastering engineers in the world, state of the art facility and all the best analog / digital gear. We know all the techniques to deliver the sound you want. We will maximize the volume of your songs, enhance the tone, add fullness, tube warmth, spatial depth and ensure your conversion to CD or MP3 is top notch. We have mastered records for platinum and Grammy winning artists, major motion pictures, television, radio major sports teams and more. Your mastered song will be retail and radio ready.
reasons to choose OC Recording for Mastering:
- World Renowned Mastering Engineer Asaf Fulks
- Mastering Room with Acoustically Flat Frequency Response
- High End Analog / Digital Signal Processing
- Analog Tube Enhancement, Tape Saturation
- Mastering Quality AD/DA and Studio Monitoring
- Tone, Volume and RMS Loudness Balance
- Bit Quantization, Dither & SR Conversion, DC Offset Removal
- Mix Buss Compression, EQ & Limiting
- Mid/Side Encoding and Processing
- Sequencing and Transitions Between Songs
- Low Jitter Word Clocking
- Noise Removal, Audio Clean Up
- Standard 1x CD Burning, CD-Text
- Multiple Audio Formats Available, MP3, WAV AIFF
- Ready for itunes, soundcloud, youtube, etc.
- Clients Welcome During The Session
- Internet Transfer Available
- Radio / Retail Ready Masters
- Pro Tools Ultimate and Wavelab 8
- Best Quality Mastering and Great Rates
Our studios are acoustically flat. All frequency dips and peaks are within a 10 db range.